Find the Way to Give That's Right For You
Each of us is where we are today because someone reached back to help. If passing along opportunity is important to you, we’ll help you find the best way to do it, no matter your financial circumstances.
Donors who itemize their tax returns receive a federal and state income tax deduction for their charitable donations. For your convenience, the USD Foundation offers several ways to make your gift.
Giving by check is an easy and popular choice.
- Make checks payable to USD Foundation and note where you wish the gift to go on the memo line.
- Gifts of cash are deductible up to 50 percent of donor's income for federal tax purposes.
- Deduction amounts greater than 50 percent can be carried forward for an additional five years.
You may have regular amounts automatically withdrawn from your bank account by downloading the Direct Payment Form. The form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.
You may give periodically over a multi-year period to support the program of your choice by downloading the Pledge Form. This form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.
If you're a USD employee, you can choose payroll deduction as a method of direct payment by downloading the Payroll Deduction Form. The form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.
Did you know you could give to USD by transferring stock ownership to us?
- Appreciated stocks are deductible at an average of high and low market values on the date ownership is transferred to the USD Foundation.
- Stocks may be transferred by certificate of endorsement or direct transfer to the USD Foundation brokerage account.
- The IRS limits the amount that may be deducted to 30 percent of donors' income.
- Deduction amounts greater than 30 percent limit can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Call the Foundation at 1-800-521-3575 for further information.
Real estate is a valuable gift that can go a long way in furthering our legacy -- and yours.
- Includes private residences, farms, rental properties, vacation homes, etc.
- Such gifts are subject to environmental and marketing review before acceptance by Foundation.
- Donors may give personal residence(s) and retain a lifetime right to live in the home.
- Subject to 30 percent limit for federal income tax purposes, with a five-year carryover of excess amounts.